You are likely a doula if you say any of the following.
- I’ll be there as long as I’m not at a birth
- What day is it today? I had a birth this week.
- Your baby knows when to come.
- I support all kinds of birth
- That’s a beautiful placenta
- Trust your body
- Your body was designed to give birth
- There really isn’t anything you can do to put yourself into labor.
- Ultrasounds in the last few weeks of pregnancy can be inaccurate.
- Your due date is an estimate
- I need coffee
- Stay limp and loose, like a rag doll
- Know your options for birth
- Your birth experience matters
- You will remember your birth for the rest of your life
- Let me help!
- Ride the contractions like a wave.
- You are strong
- Let me grab my balls
- I love my job!
What would you add to the list?
Like this list…Check out the Doula Elevator Speech